Eczema is a skin condition that is characterized by the redness and dryness of the skin. The condition is common in children, but adults can also get it although it is in rare cases. It is a very serious condition if it is not handled in time. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis.
|Drug name||Generic Name||Coupon|
It is easy to tell that someone is suffering from eczema. There are many symptoms that show that one is suffering from this condition. For kids, especially infants, it is very easy to identify the condition at the early stage. If the skin becomes itchy and then a rash appears, then you must be sure that you are suffering from eczema. Here are some of the main symptoms of eczema:
- Patches of dry, thickened, chronically itchy skin especially on the face, legs, hands, and neck. For children, the elbows and the inner creases of the knee are the most affected.
- If you scratch a dry patch of the skin and it becomes an open sore, then you might be infected. It is important to seek medical attention at early stages of eczema.
Even the health experts do not have absolute Knowledge on what is the real cause of eczema. There are many ways through which one can contract eczema. This can be seen from the many type of eczema that we have. Some like atopic dermatitis resemble an allergy, but it is different from what is seen in children. From the medical and scientific point of view, these are the causes of eczema:
- Genetic and inherited genes
- Abnormal function of the immune system
- Environmental changes
- Activities that are annoying to sensitive skin
- Skin defects that allow the penetration of the germs into the interior skin tissue
Eczema is one of the medical conditions that are easy to diagnose. All you have to do is to provide the doctor with the necessary information on how you are feeling. The doctor will go for the common symptoms that are associated with eczema. The doctor will also likely ask you about the following:
- Asthma or allergic reactions and agents like the pets’ fur, pollen, and certain foods.
- The presence of the substances that irritate the skin such as cosmetic and scented soaps.
- Any skin treatment that the patient has gone through.
The presence of the skin redness, rashes and itches are also some of the factors to consider.
The main cause of Eczema is poor hygiene and poor skin maintenance. The main treatment of this condition is first by maintaining proper hygiene. Good skin care will be key to treating and controlling eczema. In some cases of mild eczema, modifying the skin care routine would be a solution to this condition. Mild soap and moisturizer are also an alternative way of treating this condition. If the condition does not improve, then you can ask your doctor for the available medicine to control and treat this condition. You can also change your lifestyle to avoid conditions and allergens that promote the advancement of this condition.