Patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can lead productive lives if they receive proper treatment. Desoxyn is one of the many medications available to treat ADHD. (Learn More)
A doctor must diagnose a patient with ADHD before Desoxyn can be legally prescribed. (Learn More) This requires an in-person doctor’s visit in most cases, though there are exceptions in some states.
ADHD treatment medications are necessary, and they can be expensive, particularly when used on a long-term basis. While you can fill prescriptions at legitimate online pharmacies, be wary of scam sites that don’t require a prescription. They may be selling fake medication.
Some fraudulent sites may offer to write you a prescription after you fill out a basic questionnaire. These are not valid prescriptions. (Learn More)
Desoxyn: An Overview
Desoxyn is methamphetamine and classified as a central nervous stimulant. It is used to help people with ADHD get their symptoms under control. Symptoms of ADHD include:
- Difficulty focusing.
- Impulse control issues.
- Problems staying still.
Desoxyn is approved for use in children with ADHD as well as for adults who struggle with obesity and need extra assistance as they lose weight. When used in this manner, Desoxyn is used only for a short period of time.
When used as an ADHD treatment, a proper diagnosis of ADHD is needed before prescription. This is because Desoxyn is known to be habit-forming, and ADHD medications are not safe for people who do not have the condition.
What It Takes to Get an Online Prescription of Desoxyn
Before getting a prescription, you usually must go through the following process:
- Visit a doctor in person. The doctor asks about your medical history and your symptoms. They may prescribe the medication, or they may refer you to a specialist if needed.
- You may need to take certain tests to confirm a diagnosis and to make sure your body can handle the medication you might need.
- If you receive a prescription for Desoxyn, you can only buy the medication that has been prescribed. You cannot buy more than what has been prescribed for you just because it is convenient.
In most cases, you must visit a doctor again when you need a refill for the medication.
What About Telemedicine?
Changing technologies now allow doctors to practice medicine over the internet in a limited capacity. For example, you might visit a doctor to get an accurate ADHD diagnosis. Once you start getting treatment, they may let you know that you can reach them over the phone, or via video, text, or another form of communication, without requiring you to visit them in person every time you need help.
State and federal laws have this to say about interacting with your doctor over phone, video, internet, or any medium other than an in-person meeting:
- You still have to talk to a licensed doctor or physician.
- The duties are often limited to diagnosis, consultation, or education. Some states allow doctors to prescribe medication through telemedicine or telehealth.
In many states, telemedicine and telehealth exploded because it is sometimes easier for patients to talk to doctors over the phone if they live in a rustic area with limited services. This is true of states like Mississippi or New Mexico, which are rural and require patients to drive very far for standard appointments.
Check with your state’s laws regarding the potential to receive prescriptions via telemedicine appointments.
State Prescription Databases
Some states keep a database of patients who take certain drugs, such as prescription opioids.
This is meant to prevent misuse and “doctor shopping” in the event that patients become addicted to certain medications. These databases allow doctors to collaborate with law enforcement officials, such as local police and sheriff departments, and federal authorities in the event that a patient uses medication unlawfully.
The state of Florida provides a good example of this kind of reporting service. The state’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (E-FORCSE) was introduced in 2009 in order to:
- Prevent misuse and diversion (illegal sale of drugs).
- Enable better cooperation with authorities if a patient is suspected of abusing prescriptions like Desoxyn.
- Monitor patient health.
- Prevent “doctor shopping,” going to multiple doctors to buy a prescription.
Scam Online Pharmacies
Some states allow doctors to prescribe medications via telemedicine, but there are strict guidelines regarding this practice. Other states require that you visit a doctor in person to get a valid diagnosis before you can receive a prescription.
Be aware that unscrupulous online “pharmacies” target unsuspecting patients, claiming they can provide an online prescription for whatever they need. These sites may say they have a “cyber doctor” on staff who can give prescriptions, but you don’t actually talk to this doctor at any point in the process. This is a scam and is not lawful telemedicine.
Proceed with caution if you notice ads for an “online doctor” or claims that you can get a prescription in seconds by filling out a simple form. The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) says that prescriptions from these sources are not legal, and buying medication with prescriptions you obtain from them is unlawful.
Purchasing from these fake pharmacies carries many risks, including:
- Lack of data protection. Licensed online pharmacies are required to protect your privacy. That means protecting confidentiality, credit card, and personal information. If you purchase from a fake pharmacy, all your personal information is at risk.
- Getting caught by authorities. This is especially a risk if you unknowingly buy medication from a pharmacy that is outside the U.S. Buying medication abroad is only legal if you have the proper authorization.
- Taking counterfeit or ineffective medication. You could end up with something that is not Desoxyn at all, which will not help you if you have ADHD. Even worse, your medication may be mixed with something you do not expect and cause you to face serious side effects.
Can You Get a Prescription for Desoxyn Online?
You can obtain a legitimate prescription for Desoxyn online via a telemedicine appointment in certain states. This will generally involve a video appointment with a physician. This is most common for refill prescriptions in states that allow it.
In most cases, the physician will want to see you in person to make an initial diagnosis.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Desoxyn?
Desoxyn is methamphetamine that stimulates the central nervous system. The drug releases hormones that allow patients to focus, control their impulses, and live more productive lives.
Why would a doctor prescribe Desoxyn?
Desoxyn is mostly known as an ADHD medication. Patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often need help producing certain hormones that better allow them to focus at work and school. Without treatment, such as therapy and medication, ADHD can be difficult to manage.
Patients who are overweight may be eligible for a Desoxyn prescription because it can suppress their appetite.
Can I get a Desoxyn prescription online?
In some states, you can get a Desoxyn prescription online via a telemedicine appointment. Many doctors require an in-person visit to get an official diagnosis, however. Some physicians may diagnose ADHD in a telemedicine visit, but this will usually be limited to special circumstances.
Once you have a diagnosis and prescription, you can purchase Desoxyn from valid online pharmacies.
Methamphetamine. (June 2017). MedlinePlus.
ADHD Medications List. (November 2017). Healthline.
Methamphetamine. (May 2019). Mayo Clinic.
State Boards of Pharmacy Take Action to Stop Licensees Involved in Unlawful Internet Drug Outlet Schemes. (December 2010). National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
Online Pharmacies: Avoid the Frauds. Poison Control.
Telemedicine Policies. Federation of State Medical Boards.
New Mexico Telehealth Act. New Mexico State Legislature.
E-FORCSE Home Page. (April 2019). Florida Health.
Opioids From the Internet: Almost All Online Pharmacies Are Illegal. (July 2018). Newsweek.